Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday

Hi once again, and sorry that you are getting these posts days after we actually do these things...bit tricky getting internet time!!



On Sunday mornign the team split and went to two different churches...the Liz, Liz, Janette, and Merridee went to Olandes with Pastor Nestor and spoke there...Liz B did her testimony and Liz G preached. Sounded like it went really well, although they were SUPER hot...crammed into the preschool that we had visited the other day, which was packed full of people and no air con!!!

Becs and I on the other hand went with Beth to Marikina Christian Fellowship which was airconditioned hehehe. We just sat in on the church service but afterwards led a discussion at their "growth fellowship" (I think it was called) for university aged students - pretty much like life group really. Actually pretty much like having life group in the bathroom, the room was quite small!!! But we had electric fans so all good :)

Afterwards we met up with the other group for lunch which was amazing, and then in the afternoon we went to a youth convergence (again in the Balubad covered basketball court) - for kids/teenagers - mostly sponsor kids and their families once again. For me I think this was probably my favourite part of our whole trip...just hanging out and chatting with the kids, it was soooo much fun, some of those teenagers have fantastic english, so we were able to chat away just like normal, and they translated for the younger kids which was cool. The wee girl I sponsor, Norbelyn, and her mum came as well (just quietly I was RIDICULOUSLY excited to see her again!!!!) so I got to spend quite a bit of time with them and sat beside her through the whole thing as well, and had lots more cuddles and a couple more words out of her hehehe. She's really shy but REALLY cute :) They did worship and games and other stuff that we didn't have to do anything for, and then I spoke. Felt like it went quite well but the kids seemed a bit restless so not sure if it was a wee bit above their heads maybe. Really hot in there as well.

So that (in my opinion) was a fantastic afternoon :)

That night we had dinner at Pastor Nestor and Beth's home which was a lot of fun as well, and again some awesome food hehe :)

I think the rest of sunday was relatively uneventful...hopefully I've remembered everyuthing...better go now as I can see our group gathering from their shopping and money changing :)

Will update on monday as soon as I can. All we have done today is get up at 4am and fly to Singapore,...I am writing this from the airport. We have today and tomorrow in Singapore and then head home tomorrow night.

Adios!!
Kirsten :)

No comments:

Post a Comment